Saturday, July 25, 2009

drop that!

early thursday morning, jul 23rd:


somebody got up and went to the loo.
the rustle woke me up.
instinctively I reached for the clock right beside my pillow.
2 or 3 a.m.
great, not the time to get up yet.
gleefully and carelessly I slipped back into unconsciousness.

I had a dream. maybe a few in one.

hockey or football, I can't recall.
of being applied little diamante(or little pieces of accessories) all over the face;
and having to experience floating in mid-air and grooving with the music.

back and forth, back and forth.

then it all vanished.

there I was, or whoever it might be,
on a sandy place, strolling,
possibly.
holding some thing resembling a tiny crab,
disgust took over and made me cringe.

I smudged it.

the remnants got in between my fingernails.
quickly they were dislodged,
and I flicked every thing as far as I could.

yucks.

c r a s h

It was 4.30 a.m.
The sound startled me awake.

Frustrated after having to readjust the time,
I went back to sleep for another hour,
before the official morning call.

But still, it makes me laugh and wonder,


HOW COULD DREAMS MAKE ME THROW MY ALARM CLOCK.

eh?


head-scratchingly funny.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger